Not all steel is created equal. Look for the BlueScope steel brand on the steel to ensure the steel in your shed meets Australian standards.
While other products may look the same, they won't necessarily perform to the same standards. Fortunately, there's a few things you can do to make sure you're getting the genuine article.
Demand the real thing.
- Tell your shed supplier that you want genuine COLORBOND® from BlueScope steel, not a look-alike.
Specify the correct colour name
- All of the colour names in the COLORBOND® steel range are trade marked - which means that no-one else can use them to describe their product.
- Click here to download a list of current COLORBOND® trade-marked colours. If your quote specifies a colour name which is not in this list of colours, then chances are it's not a COLORBOND® shed!
Check the "fine print"
- The underside of every sheet of COLORBOND® steel is stamped with the COLORBOND® steel brand mark. When viewing sheds on display from your supplier, take a closer look to guarantee the authenticity of the product.
Ask about a warranty
- In addition to the workmanship that goes into your shed, make sure the steel used in your shed has a warranty you can trust.
- BlueScope Steel offers a warranty of 15 years from the date of installation against corrosion to perforation by weathering in the natural elements.
- Shed Boss sheds feature steel made by BlueScope Steel – which is 100% Australian made and guaranteed to meet or exceed Australian Standards and we build our sheds in accordance with the 15 year COLORBOND® warranty Learn More