Skillion Sheds Specialists
The skillion roof, also known as a mono-pitched roof, is one that only slants at one angle, another option to provide angle cover so elements can slide off easily. It is a common roof for our sheds, and for this reason is often referred to as simply a ‘shed roof’. This option also has the standard four walls to begin with, and provides a great shelter option.
One of the great things about a Shed Boss shed, or any other one of our structures including garages and workshops, is that they can all be custom designed to your preferences. This means you can pick a roof shape, style and material that best suits your needs. A skillion roof may be exactly what you're after, especially because it is so versatile.
What is a skillion roof?
Also called a mono-pitched roof or a 'shed roof' by Aussies, a skillion roof only slants to one side. On the other hand, a hip roof or gable roof has at least two sloping sides, which meet towards the centre in a ridge.
Why install a skillion roof?
There are both practical and financial perks to a skillion roof. Their mono-pitched shape means that they have fewer drainage problems compared to less steeply pitched roofs. Because this style is easy and fast to construct, it is a cost-effective way to build. It's roof profile can be also be used with most shed or garage designs, offering versatility. At Shed Boss, we use our industry-leading Morinda™ Glove Section Bracket System to engineer the skillion roof pitch so it can vary from 3.5 to 10+ degrees. This flexibility gives you freedom to pick an angle custom to your needs, all the while offering a sophisticated, seamless design. This is why the skillion roof is an ideal choice for a contemporary, industrial-chic styled residential shed. Indeed, the skillion roof has gained popularity in Australia as a design feature in its own right, evoking rural and industrial themes. Our new architectural skillion range is available in a wide range of COLORBOND® steel colours, and the flat angled roof shape gives it a very stylish, edgy look that is a better match to modern houses.
Skillion Shed Options & Benefits
- A higher clearance can be achieved.
- Versatile, custom & modern designs can be freestanding, or attached to an existing building.
- Variable roof pitch to match the pitch of your home for a truly seamless design
- Skillion sheds can be fully enclosed with your choice of roller doors, windows, personal access doors, insulation and skylights
- Skillion roofs can be placed specifically to benefit from solar loading for solar panels.
- Horizontal cladding option available.
- Eve overhang available.
Stylish skillion roofs can go solar
Skillion roofs can be effectively paired with solar panels to utilise the maximum roof space for solar collection. We Aussies care about clean energy and sustainability, with nearly the entire population (87 per cent) wanting to invest in homes with solar panels built onto the roof, according to research by Ipsos on behalf of the Australian Renewable Energy Agency. The skillion roof is a great way to achieve this for both residential and commercial sheds built for green businesses. Design your own skillion roof on the handy Shed Boss app, keeping these aesthetic tips in mind:
- Mix and match horizontal and vertical cladding for more pizzazz!
- Choose steel colours to suit the surrounds
- Customise size, design and accessories such as skylights or glass sliding doors to your needs
Request a Quote
The team at Shed Boss Fleurieu will guide you through our wide range of designs to custom build a skillion shed that suits your individual space and price needs, while meeting Australian Standards and Council Regulations.
We can have your skillion shed delivered in kit-form to erect yourself, or leave the hard work to us and we will manage your project from start to finish to the highest standards.
For further information, talk to the shed building professionals at Shed Boss Fleurieu or contact us today to discuss your design.
All skillion sheds feature:
Stramit® 0.42 BMT Roof and Wall Cladding (Monoclad or Corrugated)
Built in accordance with COLORBOND® warranty
- Exclusive Morinda™ Glove Section Bracket System for unequalled strength and durability
- Superior Hot dipped galvanised footing brackets
- COLORBOND® gutters in your choice of colours
- Class 4 “Marine Grade” fasteners: high quality self tapping screws with a leak free neoprene washer seal
- Site specific design wind speed: engineered and certified for your site conditions and usage needs, as required for Council approval
- Certificates of Design Compliance in accordance with South Australian Development Act - Regulation 88